Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Book club post #1

I could not believe the first 5 chapters. I thought this book was going to be informational on just the culture, but we have been reading so much more than that. I really liked the beginning page because it drew me in right from the start. Knowing that we cannot know her name makes for an interesting story because I want to know why. It was sad to read that the main characters father has 22 daughters and 4 wives. The family structure is very complex. It was sad to read that her sister Sara was forced to marry a man twice her age and in chapter 4 we are notified that her family is not allowed to talk to her for the first 3 months of her marriage. The way in which the women are treated in this book and in her culture is sickening. I am exciting for what's in store in the upcoming chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment